ThisIsReality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ThisIsReality

562 loading 604 Runescape private server.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inWebClientVote

ThisIsReality is: OFFLINE

ThisIsReality Downloads Click Here

Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States

Go down 
+7
meow
idefu
Pwn3d
Kelvendros
Consigliere
Mikey
Black Ops
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Ops
Black Ops

Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States Empty
PostSubject: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 2:31 pm

PLEASANT GROVE, Ala. -- Dozens of tornadoes ripped through the South, flattening homes and businesses and killing at least 248 people in six states in the deadliest outbreak in nearly 40 years.

As day broke Thursday, people in hard-hit Alabama surveyed flattened, debris-strewn neighborhoods and told of pulling bodies from rubble after the storms passed Wednesday afternoon and evening.

"It happened so fast it was unbelievable," said Jerry Stewart, a 63-year-old retired firefighter who was picking through the remains of his son's wrecked home in Pleasant Grove, a suburb of Birmingham. "They said the storm was in Tuscaloosa and it would be here in 15 minutes. And before I knew it, it was here."

He and his wife, along with their daughter and two grandchildren, survived by hiding under their front porch. Friends down the street who did the same weren't so lucky - Stewart said he pulled out the bodies of two neighbors whose home was ripped off its foundation.

Alabama's state emergency management agency said it had confirmed 162 deaths, while there were 32 in Mississippi, 32 in Tennessee, 13 in Georgia, eight in Virginia and one in Kentucky.

President Barack Obama said he would travel to Alabama on Friday to view damage and meet with the governor and families devastated by the storms. Obama has already expressed condolences by phone to Gov. Robert Bentley and approved his request for emergency federal assistance.

The National Weather Service's Storm Prediction Center in Norman, Okla., said it received 137 tornado reports into Wednesday night. The storms forced authorities in some places into makeshift command posts after their headquarters lost power or were damaged, and an Alabama nuclear plant was using backup generators to cool units that were shut down.

Some of the worst damage was in Tuscaloosa, a city of more than 83,000 that is home to the University of Alabama. Neighborhoods there were leveled by a massive tornado caught on video by a tower-mounted news camera that barreled through late Wednesday afternoon.

"When I looked back, I just saw trees and stuff coming by," said Mike Whitt, a resident at DCH Regional Medical Center who ran from the hospital's parking deck when the wind started swirling and he heard a roar.

On Thursday morning, he walked through the neighborhood next to the hospital, home to a mix of students and townspeople, looking at dozens of homes without roofs. Household items were scattered on the ground - a drum, running shoes, insulation, towels, and a shampoo bottle. Streets were impassable, the pavement strewn with trees, pieces of houses and cars with their windows blown out.

Dr. David Hinson was working at the hospital when the tornado hit. He and his wife had to walk several blocks to get to their house, which was destroyed. Several houses down, he helped pull three students from the rubble. One was dead and two were badly injured. He and others used pieces of debris as makeshift stretchers to carry them to an ambulance.

"We just did the best we could to get them out and get them stabilized and get them to help," he said. "I don't know what happened to them."

Back from an aerial tour Thursday morning, Tuscaloosa Mayor Walter Maddox said the tornado tore a streak of "utter destruction" through the city. There were at least 36 people dead in the city's police jurisdiction, and searches continue for the missing.

"We have neighborhoods that have been basically removed from the map," he said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KR5LtyQ_5IM

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/28/violent-storms-smack-south-kill-at-least-85/

Back to top Go down
http://www.thetechgame.com
Mikey
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Holy shit...

R.I.P to all who died Sad

- Mikey Cool
Back to top Go down
Consigliere
Website Designer
Website Designer
Consigliere

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 4:51 pm

I believe that the kill count is up to 273 now.

Hope no one on here, or their families got hurt.

-Consig
Back to top Go down
Kelvendros
Kelvendros

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 7:29 pm

damnnn that sux
Back to top Go down
Pwn3d
Master
Master
Pwn3d

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:30 pm

Kelvendros wrote:
damnnn that sux

no joke RIP to all that have died in this terrible disaster and im sorry to all the families who's lives will be changed forever.
Back to top Go down
idefu
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
idefu

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 4:22 am

When it was in japan stuff happened they were like "fuck those bitches" as soon as like 200 americans die it's a world cricis, i'm sorry that might have sounded bad. i hope no one here got hurt
Back to top Go down
idefu
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
idefu

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 4:23 am

idefu wrote:
When it was in japan stuff happened they were like "fuck those bitches" as soon as like 200 americans die it's a world cricis, i'm sorry that might have sounded bad. i hope no one here got hurt

i might delete this post myself cause i realise how bad it might sound to some lol
Back to top Go down
Mikey
Mikey

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 5:19 am

I see the point your making Idefu, although it's just up to what people are like, if certain people don't like americans they are probably laughing right now.

Although I'm sure most people here feel sorry for both the Americans and the Japanese (Had to spell check that ^.^ )

- Mikey Cool
Back to top Go down
meow

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:19 pm

tbh, not to hurt any feelings if ur Japanese, but im pretty sure that the japs spend more time playing pokemon then playing an rsps ^.^
Back to top Go down
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:26 pm

idefu wrote:

Actually it's not really a world crisis. Japan had countries from all over the world send supplies and it was on the news 24/7. This hasn't been on the news nearly as much as the earthquake in Japan. It was on the news because it was over 50+ (not sure on exact amount) tornadoes striking down at once which doesn't happen as often as an earthquake.
Back to top Go down
idefu
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer
idefu

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 4:01 am

meow wrote:
tbh, not to hurt any feelings if ur Japanese, but im pretty sure that the japs spend more time playing pokemon then playing an rsps ^.^

im as far from japaneese as possible lol
Back to top Go down
Pwn3d
Master
Master
Pwn3d

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:07 am

meow wrote:
. And dragonball z Smile
Back to top Go down
beyondroyal
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptySun May 01, 2011 7:54 am

yo did it pass by florida cus theres been crazy storms the past few days

Last edited by beyondroyal on Mon May 23, 2011 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
angus
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptySat May 21, 2011 7:11 am

lol meow
Back to top Go down
beyondroyal
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyMon May 23, 2011 8:30 am

idefu wrote:

this is true though dont delete it just like the twin towers, sorry anyone whose families died there.. but an estimate of 3k people died there... it was tragic.. but if you think about it the united states have done worse... im only going to name 2 things A-bombs in japan

(According to the Atomic Archives the total casualties for Hiroshima were 66,000 dead and 69,000 injured and for Nagasaki 39,000 and 29,000. )

and there still side effects going on..

More than 3 million Vietnamese died during the American war, with at least that many wounded. More than 15 million Vietnamese, Cambodians and Laotians became refugees. American weapons -- especially the 6.5 million tons of bombs dropped on Indochina -- destroyed more than 10,000 hamlets and 25 million acres of forest in South Vietnam (the land of the U.S. ally in the war); additionally the United States dropped more than 11.2 million gallons of Agent Orange and 400,000 tons of napalm( agent orange is a deadly chemical that destroys everything..) on South Vietnam, a nation roughly the size of New Mexico or Arizona.

just pointing that out lol... i know it offfff topic to the max but w.e.
Back to top Go down
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:34 pm

beyondroyal wrote:
idefu wrote:

this is true though dont delete it just like the twin towers, sorry anyone whose families died there.. but an estimate of 3k people died there... it was tragic.. but if you think about it the united states have done worse... im only going to name 2 things A-bombs in japan

(According to the Atomic Archives the total casualties for Hiroshima were 66,000 dead and 69,000 injured and for Nagasaki 39,000 and 29,000. )

and there still side effects going on..

More than 3 million Vietnamese died during the American war, with at least that many wounded. More than 15 million Vietnamese, Cambodians and Laotians became refugees. American weapons -- especially the 6.5 million tons of bombs dropped on Indochina -- destroyed more than 10,000 hamlets and 25 million acres of forest in South Vietnam (the land of the U.S. ally in the war); additionally the United States dropped more than 11.2 million gallons of Agent Orange and 400,000 tons of napalm( agent orange is a deadly chemical that destroys everything..) on South Vietnam, a nation roughly the size of New Mexico or Arizona.

just pointing that out lol... i know it offfff topic to the max but w.e.

I hope you know why America dropped those bombs. Japan started the war with the U.S by bombing Pearl Harbor. The U.S called for a surrender of Japan before the bombing, but Japan ignored this request. By doing this, the U.S was protecting its own country since it had already been attacked. And finally, since Japan surrendered, it marked the end of World War II.

The United States fought in Vietnam because North Vietnam was communist and was trying to take over South Vietnam. The U.S decided to join the war because they did not want more communist countries. France was also apart of this war and as you may know, France and the U.S are very close allies.

-

The 9/11 crash is a crisis because it was on the heart of America and was on innocent civilians. We also were not in war with the people that did this and it wasn't just one single country doing this, but a group of terrorists.

Last edited by Black Ops on Mon May 23, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Reach
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Black Ops is right. America doesn't go around dropping nukes for fun. Japan asked for a shit storm and they got it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.this-is-reality.com
beyondroyal
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:16 pm

Yeah I know that Japan did not surrender but it was not right to drop those nukes on cities were innocent people were living.. Remember that pearl harbor was a military base so therefore they attacked a military base not newyork city civilians...etc.. Who won the war in Vietnam ?? And if you do some research you would know that Vietnam was fighting it's own civil war inwhich we should have not interfered in.... And I know everything there is to know about 9/11 :p well mostly everything
Back to top Go down
Reach
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:51 pm

well first of all. All the cities we dropped nukes on had huge factories producing weapons, planes and other military products. As for pearl harbor, it was a military base but they were in port right next to civilian population.
Back to top Go down
http://www.this-is-reality.com
beyondroyal
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:55 pm

Reach wrote:
well first of all. All the cities we dropped nukes on had huge factories producing weapons, planes and other military products. As for pearl harbor, it was Ave, Miami, FL 33186 military base but they were in port right next to civilian population.
dude they were attacking the base ,and the us military never constructs a base close to a city due to privacy from the public... And if you were going to take down a production of weapons then bomb the factory don't nuke a city... Earlier this year I saw a documentary on this you should've seen the deformities that kids were and are still being born with ... Example kids being born without eyes and many more deformities.
Back to top Go down
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyTue May 24, 2011 11:32 am

beyondroyal wrote:
Reach wrote:
well first of all. All the cities we dropped nukes on had huge factories producing weapons, planes and other military products. As for pearl harbor, it was Ave, Miami, FL 33186 military base but they were in port right next to civilian population.
dude they were attacking the base ,and the us military never constructs a base close to a city due to privacy from the public... And if you were going to take down a production of weapons then bomb the factory don't nuke a city... Earlier this year I saw a documentary on this you should've seen the deformities that kids were and are still being born with ... Example kids being born without eyes and many more deformities.

If you had the slightest bit of knowledge about nuclear weapons you would know you can't just nuke 10x10 mile base (at the largest) without effecting the surrounding buildings.

Pearl Harbor is right next to civilians because Hawaii is a very small island and it would cost millions of dollars to have all of that land reserved for a military base. And who the hell expects 100's of Japs in planes bombing an island as small as Hawaii which is mostly a vacation place in the first place.

We interfered in the Vietnam civil war because North Vietnam was trying to turn South Vietnam into one big communist country. Do you think other countries want two North Korea's? No, that's why we interfered because North Vietnam just wanted more power.
Back to top Go down
beyondroyal
Respected Donator
Respected Donator

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:36 pm

I never said to use an atomic bomb. I just said bomb if you had the slightest idea of what you were talking about you'd know that they didn't bomb the island as one but only the military base. Lastly the USA lost the war in Vietnam , and we shouldn't have meddled in it, for that we lost soldiers in a war that was not ours to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Black Ops
Black Ops

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptyTue May 24, 2011 4:58 pm

beyondroyal wrote:
I never said to use an atomic bomb. I just said bomb if you had the slightest idea of what you were talking about you'd know that they didn't bomb the island as one but only the military base. Lastly the USA lost the war in Vietnam , and we shouldn't have meddled in it, for that we lost soldiers in a war that was not ours to begin with.

Ok, so next time a powerful country has a civil war about becoming a communist country we'll let the communists win. I'm sure that would be the best thing for the world is to have another Kim Jong Ill.
Back to top Go down
Independent
Apprentice
Apprentice
Independent

PostSubject: vIndependent   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States EmptySat May 28, 2011 3:39 pm

So many major disasters are now producing the end just might be around the corner so live it up. king king jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States   Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States Empty

Back to top Go down

Violent Storms Rip Through 6 Southern States
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ThisIsReality :: Miscellaneous :: Real World News-
Jump to: